Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

August 4, 2011

My Recovery

by Kristan

I am not the same person I was before
My recovery has opened a lot of doors
Picking up that white key tag was great
Even though I was late
I could pick up those drugs anyday
But I choose to say that drugs are ***
Why do I do the things I do?
This question I dont have the answer to
Change takes time
Time is all mine
I might not ever get all better
That is why I am writing this letter
I am me
This is the person I will forever be
Maybe I did it to cover the pain
Maybe I did it to keep me sane
No matter what I did it for
I don't want to do it anymore
I want to be clean for me
I want to show everyone what I can be
I know I can say I want to try
I really want this
I will do anything so I don't die
I know some days I am going to sigh
And feel like I wanna die
But I am not going to get high
I am going to live everyday and try not to lie
To all those so called "friends" I say bye
Today I am not going to get high
Just for today
That's all I have to say

3 comments: