Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

August 4, 2011

Note From A Victim

by Maddy

everyone sees me in this upsetting light,
everyone sees this light growing dimmer and dimmer
as people keep making fun of me.
but yet they don't try to help.
they have their eyes, and they see me,
they have ears, they hear it..
all the lies and the jokes,
but they wont believe me.
i'm wearing a mask to give me a disguise,
it starts and lasts all day;
why wont it just go away?
all the laughter and comments.
i try to say there is no pain,
i try to be strong for the ones
i need to be an example for.
who are you to pick my soul apart?
i wonder if you realize that you and i are just the same,
making me cry is worse than suicide.
i remember when i loved school, i remember always going
and being upset when i got sick because i missed a day.
but that all changed in high school.
everyone says im too ugly, too fat, or my hair is ugly.
well in my eyes i am, but i am more than just that.
you don't even understand the stuff ive been through.
everyday i'm suffering, because of what you all say to me,
this time you re not the victim, its me.
this is my life and ive realized, i did no harm.
but don't worry about me,
im just some girl that has people who have ruined her life.
they don't even take the blame
they just live knowing they are hurting am innocent person.
they put me through all this torture that i don't deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment