Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

January 27, 2007

Blinded

by Rene Roxanne

All the signs were there
Just hidden from my eyes
Your flattery got to the best of me
I was oblivious to your lies

You kept your secret
For longer than you'd ever dreamed
Your conscience never once giving in
Or so it had seemed

You thought you'd finally finished
Covering up your wrong
You thought I wasn't suspecting it
But I'd been hiding it all along

Finding out the truth
Wasn't a shock at all
But the reality of it hitting me
Sickened me like alcohol

During the day I hid from the world
At night I would drown myself in tears
The betrayal I felt just kept weighing me down
You did the one thing I'd always feared

You promised you'd treat me right
And that we wouldn't end up this way
Looking back it seems you broke all your promises
I can't believe after all that happened you expected me to stay

I believed all your stories
I was blinded from the start
You took me to a whole new place
Just to leave me in the dark

But I removed the blindfold
Found a bright light
Realized my mistake
And stopped the endless fight

Leaving you by yourself
Alone to wallow with deceit
Lifted the burdens of heartbreak
And gave me so much relief

No comments:

Post a Comment