Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

January 14, 2007

Escape

by Zara

Ever felt alone?
...yet surrounded by so many people
Ever wished for that something you know you shouldn't have
...that something is your escape
are you brave enough to take it?
Is the best thing in this life looking forward to death?
I'm fed up looking in the mirror at a person i don't like
Ive hurt people and been hurt
In this life we've been betrayed and let down
and its the ones you love the most that hurt you the most
Behind this false smile of mine I'm bleeding
waiting for something to rescue me from this depression
Its dark and feels like everyone is out to get me
I feel that no one understands and they think I'm being stupid
But I'm not, i cant help how i feel
as days, weeks and months pass I'm still here
Ive got the scars to prove
My only escape is the knife across my skin
The hidden scars remind me of the release of my sadness
As i bleed i feel relief
My life is one big joke
I'm living a lie, putting on a brave face
I don't want to anymore
I'm fed up
I want to end this so called gift from god...life
...but I'm not brave enough to see it through

No comments:

Post a Comment