Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

January 13, 2007

I Wish I Could Be Like You

by fallenbutterfly

Shes looking around this crowded place,
everyones baring a smile.
You call her your friend; you call her this word,
inside shes screaming; but to you shes unheard.

She smiles and smiles; but she smiles too hide,
her secrets, her fears. Her razor sharp lies.

Her friends will see the scars on her heart;
theyll see the cuts and bruises.
But theyll be shocked; and theyll be hurt.
Too see this is the path she chooses.

She doesnt mean to come out so weak,
She just cant find her way.
Crawling to find some light in life,
Trying to find some reason to stay.

Looking in my shattered mirror; this is what I see.
I see a heartbroken little girl, and shes staring back at me.
Looking in my shattered mirror; Ive realised something new.
This little girl is me & I wish I could be like you.

1 comment:

  1. This poem is amazing, and relatable, and oh my god, it's just so beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete