Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

January 14, 2007

Never Enough

by Beba

Sometimes I know the words to say,
Give thanks for all you've done,
But then they fly up and away,
As quickly as they come.

How could I possibly thank you enough?
The one who makes me whole,
The one to whom I owe my life to,
The forming of my soul.

The one who tucked me at night,
The one who stopped my crying,
The one was the expert,
At picking up when I was lying.

The one who saw me off to school,
And spent sad days alone,
Yet magically produced a smile,
As soon as I came home.

The one who makes such sacrifices,
To always put me first,
Who lets me test my broken wings,
In spite of how it hurts.

Who paints the world a rainbow,
When it's filled with broken dreams,
Who explains it all so clearly,
When nothing it's what it seems.

Are there really any words for this?
I find this question tough
Anything I want to say
Just doesn't seem enough.

What way is there to thank you,
For your heart, your sweat, your tears,
For ten thousand little things you've done,
For oh so many years.

For changing with me as I changed
Accepting all my flaws
Not loving because you have to
But loving just because

For never giving up on me
When your wits had reached their end
For always being proud of me
For being my best friend

And so I come to realize
The only way to say
The only thank you that's enough
It’s clear in just one-way

Look at me before you,
See what I've become?
Do you see your self in me?
The job that you have done?

All your hopes and all your dreams
The strength that no one sees
A transfer over many years
Your best was past to me

Thank for the gifts you give
For everything you do
But thank you mommy, most of all
For making dreams come true

Love,
Your daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment